TU-Automotive released a results from a survey about automotive cybersecurity. This year, on June 6-7 in Novi Michigan there will be a cybersecurity track at TU-Automotive Detroit, our readers receive a $100 discount using the AUTOCC100 when you register you get an additional $100 off any of the tracks when you register(scroll down the page to see the cbyersecurity conference).
TU-Automotive Cybersecurity Conference is co-located at TU Automotive Detroit. Apply technology and best practices to deliver robust security defenses and processes – this is where automotive and cybersecurity experts come together. Attendees will meet over 150 dedicated cybersecurity executives and be able to access to the 3200+ attendees at TU-Automotive Detroit. Industry member can plan cyberescurity strategies and access over 20 presentations, panels and workshops .
- Joseph Buck, Product Cybersecurity Autonomous Vehicle, General Motors.
- Faye Francy, Executive Director AUTO-ISAC.
- Benedikt Brecht, Principal Investigator at Crash Avoidance Metrics Partnership (CAMP).
- Srini Adiraju, Director, Cyber Security at Visteon.
- Greg Basich, Senior Analyst – AMCS at Strategy Analytics.
- Pete Bigelow, Transportation Technology & Mobility Editor at Car & Driver.
- Barbara Ciaramitaro, Professor, Information Technology and Cybersecurity, Director, Center for Cybersecurity at Walsh College.
- Joe Fabbre, Director of Platform Solutions at GreenHills Software.
- Gail Gottehrer, Partner at Akerman.
- Matt Jones, SVP Software Engineering at Hyperloop One.
- Ted Guild, Research Staff at MIT.
- Pierre Girard, Solutions Security Expert Automotive and Mobility at Gemalto.
- Denis Cosgrove, Principal Commercial Solutions at Booz Allen Hamilton.
- Zack Hicks, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer/ Chief Executive Officer and President at Toyota Motor North America/ Toyota Connected, Inc.
- Aaron Guzman, Cyber Safety Advocate at I Am the Cavalry.
- Alan Hall, Senior Communications Manager, Autonomous Vehicles and Electrification at Ford Motor Company.
- Stacy Janes, Chief Security Architect at Irdeto.
- Fabian Koark, Principal Consultant at Invensity GmbH.
- Michelle Krebs, Senior Analyst Autotrader.
- Roger Lanctot, Director Automotive Connected Mobility Strategy Analytics.
- Sam Lauzon, Automotive Cybersecurity Software Developer, UMTRI.
- Todd Lawless, Automotive Cyber Security Specialist, Continental.
Stephen Lesh, Head of Vehicle Programs at Uber ATG.
- Scott McCormick, President at CVTA.
- Dariusz Mikulski, Senior Research Scientist U.S. Army TARDEC.
- Michael Morgan, Partner Co-Leader, Global Privacy and Cybersecurity McDermott Will & Emery LLP.
- Martin Rosell, Managing Director at WirelessCar.
- Paul Sanderson, Cyber Security Senior Technical Specialist SBD Automotive.
- Jorge Shimabukuro, Chief Security Architect, Visteon.
- Vishnu Sundaram, Vice President HARMAN International.
- Geoff Wood, Director, Cyber Security at HARMAN
Highlights from the survey include:
69 % believe that all stakeholders involved in securing connected and autonomous vehicles should
share the burden of creating a secure vehicle.
24% believe it is the sole responsibility of the automaker to secure the car they produce.
66% replied to no to the question”Are automakers doing enough to secure connected & autonomous vehicles?”
What is the biggest hurdle to solving automotive security?
- 30% of all respondents agree that a lack of industry standards.
- 20% of all respondents agree adequate security technology for cyber-physical system security.
- 27% agree cross industry collaboration.
- 11% concur the lack of education of the partners and customers of OEMs.
- 9% believe a lack of cybersecurity experts.
What should be the top priorities for developing cyber secure automotive systems?
- 38% Developing global standards and best practices.
- 19% Information sharing and collaboration.
- 19% Investing in cybersecurity technology.
- 9% Better education within teams and for suppliers.
- 3% Developing vulnerability disclosure programs.
- 2% Recruiting the right talent.
- 7% Other.