This is the festival’s first tour across the UK. Credit: Trinity Mirror South
Gamers in Reading can now book tickets for a massive gaming festival heads to town this summer.
Rapture Gaming Festival has organised its first UK tour across five venues between July and October, including a stop off in Reading.
The three-day event will kick off with the launch of a 60-hour Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) LAN party which starts 10am on Friday, July 27 with a series of tournaments hosted on dedicated private servers.
The real show will then run on Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29 at Rivermead Leisure Complex in Richfield Avenue.
The weekend promises a variety of different gaming zones, dedicated Minecraft areas, virtual reality setups, retro gaming zones and much more.
The brainchild of European gaming events company Fragers, and UK-based show promoters Kilimanjaro, the festival brings the virtual gaming world onto the live stage.
Held over three days, the gaming festival isn’t one to miss for gaming fans. Credit: Rapture
The festival will hold tournaments, interactive games and panel interviews with experts on how to become an online streamer.
As well as areas for the whole family to enjoy, the festival also will also hold an over-18s session on Saturday.
What to expect
- Minecraft & Roblox Zone and Stage – a huge dedicated area with dozens of consoles and PCs, as well as a tournament on each day
- General Gaming Zone – hosting modern free play content, including the latest console and PC games as well as unique gaming experiences and equipment
- VR Zone – more than six virtual reality setups including HTC Vives, Oculus Rift and Playstation VR
- Tournament and Competition Zone – gamers can put their skills to the test against other friends and festival-goers
- Retro Gaming Zone – transport back in time with classic consoles and games
- Tabletop Gaming Zone – from Warhammer to WW2, gamers can unite over tabletop games
- Indie Zone – meet and question independent game developers
- Cosplay Village – from prizes in the masquerade, to talks and live demos, sharing creations and photo opportunities
Special guests stars will be attending the event in the Reading, Berkshire, including gaming streamers, YouTubers, vloggers and even a chef.
One-day tickets are charged £14 for general admission, with group saver options available at £40 for groups of four.
For entrance across the whole weekend tickets are £22, with group saver options also available.
Gamers who want to join the 60 hour LAN party will pay £60, or £150 for a VIP experience.
All tickets for the Rapture Gaming Festival 2018 can be bought here.